Green Cooling Initiative
Welcome to the NDC Helpdesk for the cooling sector
The NDC Helpdesk is your resource for expert guidance in the field of Green Cooling. Our mission is to assist policymakers in designing and implementing ambitious Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) in the cooling sector.
The NDC helpdesk for the cooling sector is a specialized support service designed to assist individuals and organizations in navigating the complexities of Green Cooling-related tools and methods.
Areas of Support
Our team provides technical assistance on the following topics:
• Development and implementation of national cooling action plans
• NDC cooling sector integration and formulation of trackable mitigation targets
• HFC emission calculation and reporting under the UNFCCC (Tier 1 and Tier 2), making the most of available data
• GHG Inventories in the cooling sector
• Development of a Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) system in the cooling sector
• Any question concerning our provided tools and guidelines
Who Can Benefit?
The NDC Helpdesk for the cooling sector accepts requests from Global South countries and government agencies. Technical and other institutions and organisations that are working directly with national governments to plan and implement their NDCs, may also request support, if endorsed by the national UNFCCC focal point or the Ministry of Environment.
To request our support, please fill out the contact form provided below.
Find more out about Frequently Asked Questions (opens in a new window) on the topic, publications and supporting tools (opens in a new window) for integrating the RAC Sector, and our regularly held NDC4 webinars (opens in a new window).
The NDC Helpdesk for the cooling sector is implemented by the global project Cool Contributions fighting Climate Change II (C4 II), which is funded by the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection (BMUV) as part of the International Climate Initiative (IKI).